disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Monday, December 19, 2011

A Buffy Christmas!

"Tree, nog, roast beast. Just me and Mom, and hopefully an excess of gifts." ~Buffy Summers

Okay, so I'm vegan and will not be partaking in the roast beast, but... other than that, I think that I will be having a very Buffy-like Christmas. 

One thing that she and I have in common is religion.  Buffy never really talks about it, but she definately has very ecclectic beliefs, as do I.  Willow is Wiccan, and Buffy believes a lot of those things (gods, demons, etc.) but she doesn't practice witchcraft often and isn't really vocal about her religious beliefs. 

I think that she mostly just deals with religion as it comes, and treats Christmas and any other holiday as a secular event, just for family and fun, not associated with religion.  And that's what I do, too. 


Buffy and Angel on  Christmas stroll

Anyway, this blog isn't meant to be about religion or philosophy, so I'll stop there. 

This blog is meant to be about diet and exercise, and how I'm working towards a goal of eating and exercising like my favorite superhero, Buffy Summers.

And that, my friends, is going splendidly.  I'm not tracking my food, I'm not weighing myself, and I'm not obsessing about calories or other numbers.

My pants still fit great, so I assume that I'm getting this intuitive eating thing down.  I'm definately learning how to eat like a thin person, but it has not been easy.

Some days I feel as if I'm terrible at it.  And most days I'm still counting calories a bit in my head. 

Baby steps, though.  Some day, I will be a total pro at this, and food will just be another thing that I do, another part of life, NOT something that my day revolves around.


Buffy ornaments!  Kind of creepy... but I still want some.
Christmas will be about family, fun, love, and happiness.  There will be presents, games, cookies, and laughter.  There will be Santa Clause marathons.  There will NOT be obsession over how many calories are in each cookie.

Happy holidays, folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment