disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Eat Like a Thin Person- Buffy-style

So, in my quest to get a Buffy body, I have decided to try to learn how to eat like a thin person. 

Yes, I know that I am NOT a thin person yet, and am defiantely not NATURALLY thin.  Therefore, it may be impossible for me to actually get thin by eating like a thin person.  But... I think it could be interesting to try.



I also assume that the actress Sarah Michelle Gellar was on a special low calorie diet during her Buffy days, based on this quote:

"How can women be as thin as we are? We have personal trainers to work us out. We have specially prepared meals."
Indeed.

But I'm not trying to eat like SMG, I'm trying to eat like a fictional character.  Obviously, that is less insane, right?  LOL

Anyway, my point is that I'm going to try to do the "eat like a thin person" thing for a bit.  It's something that I've never really tried before.

Of course, there are several opinions on what "eat like a thin person" means.  I'm going to Google it and post the first few decent looking articles/sites on the subject:

WikiHow article: How to Eat Like a Thin Person- There are three steps in this article-
     1) Exercise regularly
     2) Eat small healthy meals throughout the day
     3) Eat slowly to avoid overeating; savor your food; relax before eating

Oprah.com article Think Like a Thin Person
     It basically is about the book "The Beck Diet Solution" which I own, and have never made it   
     through...  perhaps I should pick it up again?  Hmmm...  I didn't realize that it was about getting the    
     reader to be able to eat like a thin person.  Interesting!

     This one may be my favorite!  It's pretty basic.  The steps mentioned in this one-
     1) Pretend you're thin
     2) Change your thinking
     3) Focus on health and fitness
     4) Develop your skills
     5) Remember the rest of you (this one hit close to home for me!!!)

These are my top three so far.  I'm looking forward to this new journey! 

There are some themes to the ELATP movement
  • don't calorie count
  • listen to your hunger signals
  • eat what you want, but stop eating it when you aren't hungry anymore
  • eat mostly healthy foods
  • exercise regularly
  • focus on OTHER parts of your life, not just your weight loss. 
For now, I will continue to track calories on My Fitness Pal (awesome website, seriously!) but will begin to taper off from that eventually, since I'm trying to emulate Buffy Summers, who does NOT calorie count. 

I will continue on with my exercise routine, which is to work out 6 days a week, for 30-60 minutes each time.

I will continue choosing mostly healthy foods.

The biggest change that I'm going to make immediately is to listen to my hunger signals, and to only eat when actually hungry.  Also, I will be trying harder to live a life that isn't so food-focused, and pay more attention to the other parts of ME, like work, school, family, friends, and art.

I'll leave you with one more Buffy picture and quote!


"I don't want any trouble. I just want to be alone and quiet in a room with a chair and a fireplace and a tea cozy. I don't even know what a tea cozy is, but I want one." - Buffy Summers




1 comment:

  1. I love this idea - mostly because I loved Buffy back in the day! When I started trying to lose weight and counted calories non stop eating "diet" food, I was miserable and did't lose weight. Real food savored seems to be much more enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete