disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

So... what does Buffy Summers eat?

"I'm a good cook... in theory.  I've eaten a lot."
- Buffy Summers

Diet was not a big part of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer.


working at the Double Meat Palace

However, we do see her eating from time to time.  Here's what I've deduced about Buffy's diet:

She is so busy with everything (school, work, slaying, friendships and other relationships) that she doesn't really think about food.  And she exercises so much (walks EVERWHERE because she has no car, training with Giles, and every day slaying) that when she does eat, she doesn't have to worry about calories (or any other macronutrient, either).

For breakfast, Buffy chooses simple foods.  She will have a bagel with peanut butter or a bowl of cereal with a banana.  So simple, but healthy(ish) breakfasts. 

For lunch, she will usually have whatever the cafeteria is serving, but will often choose obscure combos, such as jello-only, or a big bowl of frozen yogurt. 



For dinner, leftover pizza, fast food hamburgers, her mom's home cooking (or her own home cooking once or twice), and I'm sure other things...  Dinner is the biggest question mark for Buffy's diet.  During the usual dinner time, Buffy is usually dealing with a bunch of drama or action.



I think that mostly, Buffy is a grazer.  She eats when she's hungry and when she has time to eat.  She also enjoys eating snacks while hanging out with her friends, and delights in ordering something "fattening" when on a date.



For one to eat like Buffy, one would have to be very physically fit.  And one would also have to not really be on a diet, but be more of an intuitive eater. 

Buffy doesn't write down what she eats.  She doesn't worry about calories, fat, carbs, or any other macronutrient.  She eats what she wants, what's available, and when she's hungry.

I'm very intrigued by this style of eating, and I'm not sure it would work for me, as I still have a bit of weight that I'm trying to lose.  But I do hope to some day down the line be able to eat more intuitively and not track my food.

2 comments:

  1. I found you! LOL!! Seriously though... Fun idea. I used to eat like this when I danced. I was in the dance studio atleast 2-3 hours a day M-F. I ate whatever whenever and didn't give it thought. Wish I had the time to be that physically active again because I exercise so I can eat more. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad that you found me. I found you from another blog, too.

    ReplyDelete