disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Monday, November 21, 2011

ELATPBS - Day 6

In case anyone needed help figuring out what the heck ELATPBS stands for, it is

Eat Like A Thin Person: Buffy Style



This is my goal right now, and I'm on day 6 of this new journey. 

My ultimate goals for ELATPBS (in no particular order):

  1. Lose about 25 pounds of fat
  2. Gain a bit back in muscle (total pounds lost net will be 15-20)
  3. Invest in all materials needed to begin an at-home boxing/kickboxing program (heavy bag, gloves, beginner boxing DVDs/books)
  4. Also invest in enough for at-home yoga (for once a week I think)
  5. Learn to love my body from the inside out!
  6. Stop obsessing over calories.
  7. Focus on other aspects of my life besides my weight and my food.
These are all great goals, and all things that I desperately want to achieve.  Well, #1 and #2 aren't so desperate, but the rest are very important to me.  I'm going to take my time with the weight loss/gain, and assume that if I work hard to ELATPBS, the weight loss will follow, even if slowly.



I still haven't invested in more exercise gear, but those are goals of mine, hopefully to be fulfilled by early 2012.  For now, I will exercise with what I have:  an awesome stationary bike, a kick-ass treadmill, and lots of hand weights.

#6 is going well, too.  Over the weekend I bought some "naughty" foods (oreo fudge cremes, anyone?), to be enjoyed in moderation.  Because that's what Buffy does, she eats what she enjoys.  I still bought mostly healthy foods, such as whole grains, beans, vegetables, and fruits.  I'm still tracking my food and exercise over on My Fitness Pal, but I'm not so worried about the calories anymore.  Okay, I'm still a little concerned about them, but I'm trying to not obsess!

#7 is winning.  I have loved focusing on other aspects of my life than diet and exercise.  I have other things to think about, just like Buffy!  I have work, school, a boyfriend, and now blogging!  :-)  Lots of things to fill my day, and the way I eat and how much exercise I get are just another part of that day, they are NOT what makes or breaks my day, just another part of my busy life.  Seriously, if you are curious about trying to ELATPBS but don't want to try it all at once, my suggestion is to start with #7.  It rules.

Well, I guess that's it for now.  I will be back soon to report how my ELATPBS is going. 

I will sprinkle a few Buffy pictures in this entry, so it's not quite so dull.  And, I will leave you with a Buffy quote!



"Whenever Giles sends me on a mission he always says 'please' and afterwards I get a cookie." ~Buffy Summers

3 comments:

  1. I clicked over to your blog solely because I love Buffy :) I watched Buffy as I ran on a treadmill every day to get ready to race 50 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for both of you finding my little blog.

    Kara, I watch Buffy while I do my cardio workouts, too. She's very motivating.

    ReplyDelete