disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Monday, November 7, 2011

Buffy and stress!

Sometimes Buffy Summers is overwhelmed with life.

She has to deal with a LOT, including school, drama with friends and significant others (and friends' significant others), slaying vampires and other demons (saving the world), family issues/crises, work issues, and staying in top slaying shape.

I think that we can all relate to this part of Buffy.  Sometimes life can get ridiculously busy and stressful. 

But... it simply cannot interfere with staying in shape.  Staying in shape (or GETTING in shape, as in my case) is something that must be considered daily.  If you want the other parts of your life to go well (good grades, keep your job, friends and family love you and each other...) you MUST make your health a priority.

For me, this means that I have to make time for focused exercise every day, and that I have to track my food to stay below a certain calorie level (trying to lose some fat AND gain muscle, it's tough but not impossible). 

Some days, it's tough to squeeze everything in.

But then I think of Buffy, and how she was able to squeeze it all in PLUS save the world.  So... if she can do it, I can do it!***



***disclaimer:  I realize that Buffy Summers is a fictional character.  ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Since you are a Buffy fan, love this concept BTW curuios to see if we see any recipes, we have a podcast about cancelled tv shows! Ep. 1 covers #firefly, #Joss #Whedon Please RT ow.ly/7kRf7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I have LOTS of stress right now, too.

    ReplyDelete