disclaimer: I'm blogging about this for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not take me or my attempt to make my body more kick-ass by emulating fictional characters seriously. :-)

Monday, November 28, 2011

ELATPBS - Day 13 (and Thanksgiving recap)

There is no getting around this:  Buffy is not a vegan.  And I am.  And I'm not going to let that little fact ruin my attempt to eat like her.  It's pretty easy to get around it, usually.

The main point of my eating and exercising like Buffy in order to some day get a body simular to hers is the whole intuitive eating thing.  The Eat Like A Thin Person Buffy Style (ELATPBS) concept.  And that is going pretty well!

I am slowly but surely becoming a thin person.  My actual start weight was in the 200s.  Yeah, I was definately obese.  It's been awhile since I've been obese now though, and I'm beginning to accept this thinner body as mine.  I know for a FACT that I won't ever be obese again.  Seriously, I have learned too much over the last couple of years to ever go back to the lifestyle that lead to said obesity.

I'm ready, however, to finally take the next step.  And that step is getting to my actual goal size.  Which is smaller than I currently am, however comfortable I may be at this size (which is size US 14).  I'm ready to lose a few more hip and thigh inches, and get comfortably into some actual skinny jeans.  I currently have my goal weight set to 135, but I think that may be too low for me.  I really have more of a goal size or look than I do a goal weight.  I'll know that I'm at the right weight when I get there, ya know?

ELATPBS is going pretty well for me.  I definately ate intuitively over Thanksgiving weekend.  On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to be specific.  No tracking.  Listening to my hunger signals.  Enjoying my food, but not in excess.  It felt pretty good!  I may start doing this at least one day a week. 

On Thanksgiving, I made a vegan loaf and some vegan pumpkin pie.  Okay, "made" is an exaggeration.  I bought a frozen loaf and pie, and baked according to package instructions.  All turned out well and was delicious!  I was happy that I did this, because the dinner that I attended had ZERO vegan options, so I had to eat my own food only. 

Anyway, just a quick update for you on how ELATPBS is going for me.  :-)  It's going really well, and I'm excited about this part of my journey. 

I'm still tracking over on My Fitness Pal.  I'm thinking about sharing my journal for the next few days on here, to help show how I'm eating "like" Buffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment